Jason A. Advocate
Jason A. Advocate is the founder with more than 25 years of experience in complex matrimonial and commercial law. A native New Yorker who won’t back down, Jason is known for protecting his client’s privacy at all costs. His diverse background of complex commercial litigation provides a level of knowledge into corporate and financial matters that levels the playing field from the start in high net worth cases.
Mr. Advocate works to make sure that every client’s immediate and long term needs are met, even when up against a side that refuses to budge. A strong strategic litigator whose career has seen him go up against some of the nation’s leading corporations, he can’t be deterred. He aggressively fights for his client’s rights and their future.
Jason received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Brandeis University where he graduated magna cum laude and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from the prestigious New York University of Law.
Mr. Advocate has extensive trial experience, but he tempers that with negotiation skills that attempt to keep his clients out of the court room. He is a certified mediator and knows how to settle cases, but when all else fails, he knows how to win a trial.
Mr. Advocate is a member of the bar in New York and New Jersey. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. He works to further legislation and issues among his peers through the Association of the Bar for the City of New York and the New York State Bar Association. Jason also shares his vast legal experience on cutting edge legal matters as a lecturer at numerous institutions.
Areas Of Practice
- Divorce Negotiations, Litigation and Mediation
- Agreements: Prenuptial, Postnuptial, Separation and Domestic Partnerships
- Child Custody and Support
- Property Division and Spousal Maintenance
- Post-judgment Enforcement and Modification Proceedings
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- New York, 1994
- New Jersey, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: Snow Scholar
- Brandeis University
- B.A. - 1990
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Association of the Bar for the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts